Have you ever pondered a popular quote from a popular author? Ever read something and thought Wow! That's just too good not to share? Thanks to the miracles of modern technology, now anyone can share a special quote with everyone.
Of course, just because you find interesting or poignant, that doesn't mean others will, right? Well, what if lots of people find the same quote interesting?
Here's a summary of the top 2 most popular quotes taken from the most popular love, sex & marriage titles as reported by Kindle readers...
1) Marriage was an economic institution in which you were given a partnership for life in terms of children and social status and succession and companionship. But now we want our partner to still give us all these things, but in addition I want you to be my best friend and my trusted confidant and my passionate lover to boot, and we live twice as long. So we come to one person, and we basically are asking them to give us what once an entire village used to provide.
2) As a medium, it’s safe to say, texting facilitates flakiness and rudeness and many other personality traits that would not be expressed in a phone call or an in-person interaction.
- Aziz Ansari
1) Oh God. We’re talking about me being naked, in the shower with cooter cream. Please world, end. Kill me.
2) Well, Johnson, I might remember nothing at all after that whack, but my head won’t forget when you banged me.
Fire Down Below
- Debra Anastasia
1) Work hard, know your sh*t, show your sh*t, and then feel entitled. Listen to no one except the two smartest and kindest adults you know, and that doesn’t always mean your parents. If you do that, you will be fine.
2) And as everyone knows, the best kind of laughter is laughter born of a shared memory.
Why Not Me?
- Mindy Kaling
1) Stark and egregious errors, the truly epic failures, forge character. They burnish your edges and make you the person you are.
2) Winning doesn’t teach. Winning rewards. You can only really learn from failure. And in the end, after you have taken a prolonged physical and psychological beating that would destroy a lesser man or woman, you will understand that success is not the absence of failure, but rather the presence of not quitting when you do fail. To win, you need to fail, and fail hard.
- Aisha Tyler
1) like its Christmas everyday. A uniformed doorman waits outside of the entrance, holding the door for anyone who looks
2) How do mothers have an uncanny ability to make you feel worse about yourself than you already do and then claim they love you and are only doing things for your own good.
And The Winner Is…
- Erin Brady
1) For me, motivation is this horrible, scary game where I try to make myself do something while I actively avoid doing it.
2) Procrastination has become its own solution—a tool I can use to push myself so close to disaster that I become terrified and flee toward success.
Hyperbole and a Half
- Allie Brosh
1) Not all who are alone are lonely, and not all who are together are loved.
2) Spring is such a girl. She gets credit for love, hope, renewal, and the dream of what might be. Summer is all, ‘Hey dude, it’s warm; let’s party.’ It’s truly the fraternity brother of the four seasons. Fall, to me, seems like the bad-ass who is about to hop on his Harley and drive off into the sunset because he’s not going to listen to that bitch winter go on and on about how nobody likes her and the snow drifts make her look fat.
Underwood, Scotch and Wry
- Brian D. Meeks
1) Meeting someone you like and dating him is supposed to make you feel better, not worse.
2) Just remember that the person you are getting back together with is the same person who, not long before, looked you in your beautiful face, took full stock of you and all your qualities, and told you that he was no longer in need of your company.
He's Just Not That Into You
- Greg Behrendt
1) I tell them that they are so open-minded that their brains leaked out.
2) That’s the beauty of alcohol: if you don’t remember it, it didn’t happen.
I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell
- Tucker Max
1) Babies are the worst roommates. They’re unemployed. They don’t pay rent. They keep insane hours. Their hygiene is horrible. If you had a roommate that did any of the things babies do, you’d ask them to move out.
2) I used to have a lot of faith in humanity before the advent of the website “comment” section.
Dad Is Fat
- Jim Gaffigan
Check out some of the other categories of popular quotes by clicking on one of the links below...
Do you have a favourite quote from a love, sex & marriage book that's not listed here? Post your favourite below and see who agrees with you.