Have you ever pondered a popular quote from a popular author? Ever read something and thought Wow! That's just too good not to share? Thanks to the miracles of modern technology, now anyone can share a special quote with everyone.
Of course, just because you find interesting or poignant, that doesn't mean others will, right? Well, what if lots of people find the same quote interesting?
Here's a summary of the top 2 most popular quotes taken from the most popular marriage & adult relationship titles as reported by Kindle readers...
1) Our most basic emotional need is not to fall in love but to be genuinely loved by another, to know a love that grows out of reason and choice, not instinct. I need to be loved by someone who chooses to love me, who sees in me something worth loving.
2) Love doesn’t keep a score of wrongs. Love doesn’t bring up past failures.
The 5 Love Languages
- Gary D Chapman
1) letting love and purpose manifest in your life as a result of you working on becoming the best version of yourself.
2) Ultimately, if your desire to please God is greater than your desire to please yourself (and even the person you may be dating), then God will bring you boundless blessings.
- DeVon Franklin
1) Women will chase you if you give them the space to miss you by not chasing them.
2) Men who chase women get rejected because the very act of chasing a woman is a submissive feminine quality.
How to be a 3% man
- Cory Wayne
1) Biblical leadership requires a man to place his family’s interests above his own.
2) Home: where each lives for the other, and all live for God.
Each for the Other
- Bryan Chapell
1) When they felt secure with their lover, they could reach out and connect easily; when they felt insecure, they either became anxious, angry, and controlling, or they avoided contact altogether and stayed distant.
2) These negative patterns always started when one partner tried to reach for the other and could not make safe emotional contact.
Hold Me Tight
- Sue Johnson
1) Betrayal is, fundamentally, any act or life choice that doesn’t prioritize the commitment and put the partner “before all others.
2) Friendship fuels the flames of romance because it offers the best protection against feeling adversarial toward your spouse.
The Secen Principles for Making Marriage Work
- John Phd Gottman
1) This is not about the husband deserving respect; it is about the wife being willing to treat her husband respectfully without conditions.
2) The way to fully love a husband is to respect him in ways that are meaningful to him.
Love and Respect
- Dr. Emerson Eggerichs
1) Nice Guys have a difficult time comprehending that in general, people are not drawn to perfection in others. People are drawn to shared interests, shared problems, and an individual's life energy.
2) "What do I want," "What feels right to me," "What would make me happy?"
No More Mr. Nice Guy
- Robert Glover
1) The gospel is this: We are more sinful and flawed in ourselves than we ever dared believe, yet at the very same time we are more loved and accepted in Jesus Christ than we ever dared hope.
2) The Christian teaching does not offer a choice between fulfillment and sacrifice but rather mutual fulfillment through mutual sacrifice.
The Meaning of Marriage
- Timothy Keller
1) you can often fix what was broken, but you can rarely fix what never worked in the first place.
2) When the satisfaction or the security of another person becomes as significant to one as is one’s own satisfaction or security, then the state of love exists.
Too Good to Leave, Too Bad to Stay
- Mira Kireshenbaum
1) Just know in your heart that if something is meant to be it will happen.
2) In order for your man to want you sometimes you have to just not give a shit about the outcome. You have to have the self-confidence and knowledge that you have something special to offer and if he doesn’t recognize it then it is his loss.
How To Make Him Burn With Desire
- Lanie Stevens
1) knowing what your spouse needs does not meet the need. You must learn new habits that transform that knowledge into action.
2) ten emotional needs—admiration, affection, conversation, domestic support, family commitment, financial support, honesty and openness, physical attractiveness, recreational companionship, and sexual fulfillment.
His Needsm Her needs
- Willard F. Jr. Harley
1) Always look at his actions, never listen to his words.
2) Men love to give compliments to a woman, but they hate to reassure her.
Are You Scaring Him Away?
- Brian Keephimattracted
1) You have to act like you are still getting to know him, and that commitment is nowhere on your radar.
2) When a man likes you, he will be interested in finding out what you like. If he makes you happy, he feels more secure.
Why Men Marry Bitches
- Sherry Argov
Check out some of the other categories of popular quotes by clicking on one of the links below...
Do you have a favourite quote from a marriage & adult relationship book that's not listed here? Post your favourite below and see who agrees with you.