Have you ever pondered a popular quote from a popular author? Ever read something and thought Wow! That's just too good not to share? Thanks to the miracles of modern technology, now anyone can share a special quote with everyone.
Of course, just because you find interesting or poignant, that doesn't mean others will, right? Well, what if lots of people find the same quote interesting?
Here's a summary of the top 2 most popular quotes taken from the most popular thriller titles as reported by Kindle readers...
1) This is hell—the absolute loss borne from all those slivers of perfection that passed unnoticed, unrelished.
2) She set the burning candle in the windowsill behind the bar, stood there watching torrents of snow fall through the darkness, wondering if they could see her signal in the blizzard.
- Blake Crouch
1) she indulged in nothingness, a soft breeze touching her face like a kiss. A cornflower September sky domed high while a white moon awaited its cue.
2) Bebe Wang and Ned Allegro aggressively vied for the position of lead reporter.
- Laura Spinella
1) it’s better to face madness with a plan than to sit still and let it take you in pieces.
2) It talked about irreconcilable life-forms. Two worlds whose compounds were entirely foreign might cause damage to one another if they were to cross paths.
- Josh Malerman
1) Because he knew in his very bones that there could be no reason, nor any special purpose, for a Divinity. Mankind had made it all up out of whole cloth because, at bottom, everyone was afraid of the dark, afraid of ultimate extinction, afraid to face the fact that individual lives meant nothing in the grand scheme of a vast and utterly indifferent cosmos.
2) If you had never seen war up close, it was an easy thing to be brave and bellicose about it. But if you had, it was hard not to despair. What men could wantonly do to each other, in the name of nation or faith or ideology, was unthinkable.
The Einstein Prophecy
- Robert Masello
1) But stupidity is one of two things we see most clearly in retrospect. The other is missed chances.
2) We never know which lives we influence, or when, or why. Not until the future eats the present, anyway. We know when it’s too late.
- Stephen King
1) Day’ll come, when he’s grown and it’s too late, that you’d give a kingdom to go back and spend a single hour with your son as a boy. To hold him. Read a book to him. Throw a ball with a person in whose eyes you can do no wrong. He doesn’t see your failings yet. He looks at you with pure love and it won’t last, so you revel in it while it’s here.
2) Perfection was a surface thing. The epidermis. Cut a few layers deep, you begin to see some darker shades.
- Blake Crouch
1) Maximus was vampire, Braxton was shifter, Jacob was fey, and Tyson was a magic user, a wizard.
2) give the Superman shit a rest, boys. It must be itchy under all that spandex.
- Jaymin Eve
1) They were vile monsters, and I was a righteous thunder god wielding a machete of steel justice. I was Null Spot the Motherf*cking Destroyer!
2) Every time I let hope shine it’s bullshit light into the darkness that thrived in my heart, every time its lies wore me down enough to make me believe, death came and stole my chances away.
- Bobby Adair
1) A good novelist does not lead his characters, he follows them. A good novelist does not create events, he watches them happen and then writes down what he sees. A good novelist realizes he is a secretary, not God.
2) For readers, one of life’s most electrifying discoveries is that they are readers—not just capable of doing it (which Morris already knew), but in love with it. Hopelessly. Head over heels. The first book that does that is never forgotten, and each page seems to bring a fresh revelation, one that burns and exalts: Yes! That’s how it is! Yes! I saw that, too! And, of course, That’s what I think! That’s what I FEEL!
- Stephen King
1) Ethan didn’t miss those things. Didn’t wish that his son was growing up in a world where people stared at screens all day. Where communication had devolved into the tapping of tiny letters and humanity lived by and large for the endorphin kick from the ping of a received text or a new e-mail.
2) Never assume you know where someone else is coming from.
- Blake Crouch
1) Good men want only the power to make things right. Great men seek to make things right and gather the power to do so. Great leaders find those who are worthy of wielding power and set them to the task of making things right.
2) Do not mistake your ignorance or lack of skills for cowardice. It is a wise man that acknowledges his limitations.
Free the Darkness
- Kel Kade
1) If you live your life for the sole purpose of seeking the approval of others, you will live no life at all.
2) The greatest adventures often start with a simple task and rarely seem so great when you are enduring them,
Reign of Madness
- Kel Kade
1) Lady, put that silly cross down and tell me what you are doing, because so far, you have shot your lifemate with two darts and thrown a glass vial at him. All of which can be considered disrespectful.
2) I will give my complete loyalty to you. I will give you complete honesty. I cannot promise obedience.
- Christine Feehan
1) Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.
2) Firemen never die, but burn forever in the hearts of the people whose lives they saved.
- Nicholas Sansbury Smith
1) In each of us is an infinite capacity to love, but only a finite capacity to hate.
2) Nice guys don't make waves. Instead they take the crumbs that life gives them and pretend they are good enough.
- Peter Meredith
Check out some of the other categories of popular quotes by clicking on one of the links below...
Do you have a favourite quote from a thriller novel that's not listed here? Post your favourite below and see who agrees with you.